Thursday, October 2, 2008

Drona


Rating : 2/10
Running Time : 144 Minutes (internationally, unconfirmed 173 minutes in India)
Release Date : 2nd October ‘2008
Director & Writer : Goldie Behl; Music : Dhruv Ghanekar
Starring : Abhishek Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra and Kay Kay Menon


A combination of a terrible film, sleep deprivation, my drivers holiday (Eid) and a couple of beers forced me to walk out of the film within 25 minutes. I had the same kind of foreboding within 5 minutes of the start as I had in Love Story 2050. The story, dialogue, acting, characters were all so terrible, poorly drawn out, stereotypical that I just couldn’t bear to watch this one fully

I walked out just as Kay Kay, who plays the villain, was introduced and hearing his hammy dialogue proved to be the straw that broke this camel’s back. Subsequently, my wife, brother, mother etc watched it fully and assured me I did the right thing. Even the two points are only for the special effects that I didn’t see (copied from a slew of Hollywood adventure films) and for Priyanka Chopra (who’s entrance also I sadly missed).

Apparently Goldie has already decided that he’s going to do a sequel. He may have trouble finding someone to bankroll it this time. Sorry for copping out, but I took instinctive evasive action just as a batsman instinctively dodges a bouncer to the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment